Finding out that you are pregnant can be one of the most exciting times of your life. It can also be one of the scariest, especially if you are a first-time parent. However, the way you deliver the big news to your husband will be a moment that both of you cherish together forever. So, why not have some fun with it? Whether you want to do something intimate and cute, or big and lavish, we are sharing some of the best ways to tell your husband that you are pregnant!
The Sooner, The Better
When it comes to sharing the great news with your husband, you are going to want to do it sooner rather than later…after all, this is just as exciting for him as it is for you! If you are a first-time mom, there’s a small chance that you might not even be able to contain your excitement long enough to plan an announcement. And if that’s the case, that’s okay too! There are still plenty of other ways on how to tell your husband you are pregnant, without having to plan anything elaborate. In the next two sections, we will look at different ways to announce the fantastic news.
How To Tell Your Husband
You Are Pregnant In A Simple Way
If you and your husband have been trying to get pregnant for a while, then chances are, you don’t want to keep this to yourself for much longer. So when you are looking for the quickest way to share the news while still having fun with it, here are some options:
- A greeting card– cards are great because you can either make one yourself and put some extra love into it or you can buy one that expresses the words that you cannot say. It can be funny or serious, but it’s a great and simple way to announce the news of your growing family. Maybe you get him a Happy Father’s Day card or a Congrats card, or perhaps you even get a money card and stick the positive pregnancy test where the money should go!
- Cute and clever– you can still incorporate the element of surprise while keeping it simple by saying it with a kiss…a Hershey’s KISS! Buy a large one from the supermarket and write your own little message on the little paper that sits on top.
- Wrap it as a present – after you disinfect your pregnancy test (an alcohol pad will suffice) consider wrapping it up as a present and leave for your husband to find. Don’t have time to wrap the gift? You can just as easily hide the test somewhere that you know your husband will likely stumble across. Maybe you can put it near a phone charger or their car keys (depending on the time of day) or just leave it in the bathroom and then record his reaction!
Elaborate Ways To Tell Your Husband You’re Pregnant
Knowing how to tell your husband you are pregnant depends greatly on the amount of time you have to plan and how long you can keep it in. Elaborate surprises definitely require more time to plan, but they can make the moment even more memorable. If you are actively trying to have a baby, you can even have things made or ready to go before a positive test, and then simply pull it out when the time is right…there’s nothing wrong with being a little proactive. The great part about planning ahead, is that you can still tell your husband almost immediately after you find out, but still have a bit more fun with it. Here are some ways to announce pregnancy to the father-to-be:
- Custom shirts- you can have custom t-shirts made that announce the good news. You can create one for yourself and wear it until he notices or you can have one made for him and give it to him as a present. Or better yet, do both!
- Matching outfits- buy your husband a new outfit and then buy a smaller version of it so the baby can wear it when he or she arrives. You can wrap both outfits together and then record his reaction as he sees two similar outfits in very different sizes!
- Custom cookies or candies- There are plenty of services online that allow you to customize your favorite candies with subtle messages. Or you can go to a local bakery and have a small cake or batch of cookies made with a special message such as “we’re expecting!”
The way you choose to share your big news has nothing to do with the amount of joy that anyone will feel. Whether you decide to surprise them or casually share the news, announcing pregnancy to your husband and family members is going to be memorable and joyous no matter how you choose to tell them!