Baby showers are a perfect opportunity to celebrate the arrival of a new baby and show your love and support for the mom-to-be. But what if you’re throwing a baby shower for twins? Well, the good news is that throwing a twins’ baby shower isn’t incredibly different from a standard baby shower, but there are various things you can do to have fun with it. After all, having twins means double the fun and double the excitement, right?
Choosing a Theme
You should start planning a twins’ baby shower at least 4-5 months before the due date, that way the momma-to-be can show off her tummy (while still being comfortable) during the second trimester.
One of the first things you should do is consider the theme of the event. That way you can choose food, invitations, and decorations accordingly. If you want to come up with a fun, playful theme that celebrates twins, here are some fun baby shower theme ideas that you can start with:
- Two Peas in a Pod – this theme sets the tone for the color and decor focusing on green and two babies (peas) in a pod
- A Perfect Pair– a clever way to announce the twins through the use of fruity pear decor and the gender-neutral color of green
- Little Cuties – another clever theme that uses clementines as the main focus for decor and color
If you would rather stick to something a little more general or vague, other common themes include:
- Double Trouble
- It Takes Two
- Thing 1 & Thing 2 (From Dr. Seuss)
Games To Play At Twins Baby Shower
Once you figure out a theme, you’ll need to get all of your decorations together, and plan out your menu for food. There are plenty of pre-made designs and baby shower packs that fit your theme available online–if you don’t want to worry about choosing the decor and designs. If you’re going to have other activities like games or music, then you’ll have to make sure those are planned in advance as well. If you are struggling with game ideas, there are many online that can be catered to a twins baby shower. Here are a few:
- Celebrity Twins – Think of celebrity twins and whoever can name the most, wins.
- Twingo – A classic game of baby shower bingo that is catered to twin expressions (every time you hear a twin expression, mark it on your card, and the first to get TWINGO wins)
- Twin Trivia – A general trivia game to see how much the guests know about twins.
- Don’t Say Twins – Give each guest 2 small plastic baby decorations (they sell these in bulk at party stores). Each time another guest says the word twin, the person who called them out, gets to take one of their babies. The person with the most plastic babies at the end of the shower wins.
Venue Ideas for Twins Baby Showers
We love the idea of throwing your twin baby shower in a park or other outdoor location. It’s nice to be able to get out of the house and enjoy the fresh air while you celebrate your friends’ upcoming arrival! However, If you’re planning on having the party indoors, we recommend keeping things simple with white balloons and ribbons as decorating elements. In fact, we’d recommend going with all-white balloons and ribbons if possible—they’ll go well with any color scheme or theme you choose!
Other options include places like restaurants, gardens, private event spaces, or even someone’s home if they don’t mind hosting. The venue that you choose will depend on the host’s budget–whether it’s the expectant mom or a loved one who is throwing it.
Celebrate & Plan For The Future
Regardless of what theme or venue you choose when throwing a twins baby shower, it’s important that you simply have fun and cherish the moments leading up to the twins’ arrival. After all, once they arrive, things will be completely different for the expectant parents.
Planning for the future is important when it comes to your twins’ future. Although that may seem far off, there are decisions that you can make today to make a difference for their tomorrow. Once the baby shower has ended, start thinking about the future and whether or not you will preserve your baby’s valuable stem cells via cord blood banking. If this is something that you want to do, plans and arrangements should be made at least 3 months before the due date.
We know that the purpose of this article was to help plan a baby shower for twins, but we also want to help you prepare for the future. If you want more information on preserving your twins’ cord blood, contact us today.